Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a television series featuring the activities and agents of the clandestine (formerly military) organization S.H.I.E.L.D. The series is produced by Marvel Television, and is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe of Earth-199999, sharing continuity with the films in that franchise. The 'precursor' is the comic book series Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
A pilot, written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, and directed by Joss Whedon, was greenlit in late 2012 and filmed in early 2013. The pilot was officially ordered to series on 10 May 2013, and premiered on ABC in September 2013, airing at 8pm on Tuesday nights. On 10 October 2013, ABC announced the order of an additional nine episodes, giving the first season a total of 22 episodes.
On 8 May 2014, ABC confirmed the show had been renewed for a second season.
The series was renewed for a third season on May 7, 2015.
- Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson
- Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May
- Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward and Hive
- Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz
- Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons
- Chloe Bennet as Agent Skye/Daisy Johnson
- Nick Blood as Agent Lance Hunter
- Adrianne Palicki as Agent Barbara "Bobbi" Morse
- Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell
- Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie
- John Hannah as Holden Radcliffe
- Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena Rodriguez
The following non-US networks air Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D:
- Australia: Channel 7
- Belgium: Prime Star HD, Prime Star +1, Prime Series, 2Be
- Canada: CTV
- Ireland: RTÉ Two
- UK: Channel 4, Fridays at 8pm. Channel 4 aired the first half of Season 1 three days after US transmission (debuting September 27, 2013), but chose to delay the second half until March 2014 to avoid having to take breaks in the show
- India: Star World Premiere HD
- Latin America: Canal Sony
- Spain: Fox
Season One Gallery
Season Two Gallery
Season Three Gallery
Season Four Gallery