|Airdate||January 10, 2017|
|Written by||Brent Fletcher|
|Directed by||Garry A. Brown|
|Previous||"The Laws of Inferno Dynamics"|
Coulson is unaware of a dark secret May is hiding, even as the two grow closer; AIDA is determined to find the Darkhold.
Fitz and Radcliffe are sent to clear Aida's memory of the Darkhold, but she reveals her new-found sentience and overpowers them. Taking control of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s systems, Aida finds the Darkhold after Coulson gives its location to the May LMD (which doesn't know it isn't the real May). Fitz is able to take control of the systems before Aida escapes, and Mack "kills" her. Radcliffe later laments about this to a new model of Aida, as he had programmed the original's apparent sentience in an attempt to steal the Darkhold for himself. Senator Nadeer orders a group of Watchdogs to kill a now recovered Vijay, but he convinces her to spare him as his long terrigenesis appears not to have affected him. Simmons, having identified Vijay from photographs, Mace and Johnson arrive, as Vijay discovers he now has super-reflexes. Ellen convinces him to leave with her, but then shoots him in the stomach. Ellen asks the Watchdogs for reinforcements from "The Superior" as Vijay's body is dropped into the ocean and enveloped by another terrigenesis cocoon.
- Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson
- Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May
- Chloe Bennet as Daisy 'Skye' Johnson/Quake
- Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz
- Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons
- Henry Simmons as Alphonso Mackenzie
- John Hannah as Holden Radcliffe
- Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena “Yo-Yo” Rodriguez
- Jason O'Mara as Director Jeffrey Mace
- Mallory Jansen as AIDA
- Parminder Nagra as Senator Ellen Nadeer
- John Pyper-Ferguson as Terrence Shockley
- Manish Dayal as Vijay Nadeer
- Patrick Cavanaugh as Burrows
- Blaise Miller as Agent Nathanson
- Shari Vasseghi as Sunjna Nadeer
- Bryan Keith as Zack Bynum.