|Airdate||November 10, 2015|
|Written by||Lauren LeFranc|
|Directed by||David Solomon|
|Previous||"Among Us Hide..."|
|Next||"Many Heads, One Tale"|
"Chaos Theory" is the seventh episode in Season 3 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on ABC. The episode aired on November 10, 2015.
May learns the truth about Andrew, and tries to stop him from hurting more people. Coulson goes with Price to meet with the President.
May confronts Garner, who explains that, while researching for S.H.I.E.L.D., he opened a ledger of known Inhumans belonging to Johnson's late mother which was booby trapped to release Terrigen on its reader. Inhuman abilities within Garner were unlocked and, when Garner was subsequently drawn to an 'unworthy' Inhuman, transformed into Lash, and killed him, Garner broke things off with May. Coulson joins Price for a meeting with the President about the outbreak of enhanced people, but is interrupted en route by Campbell, who has deduced that Lash must have access to the ledger. S.H.I.E.L.D. and the ATCU track down Garner and May, the latter being held hostage, and Coulson tries to talk down Garner. Garner's Lash instincts want him to kill Campbell and, after the latter attacks Lash, only May is able to calm him down and return him to his human form. Campbell warns that the Lash form will soon be permanent, so May has the ATCU put Garner in stasis until their cure is complete. Coulson then spends the night with Price.
- Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson
- Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May
- Brett Dalton as Grant Ward
- Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson
- Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz
- Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons
- Nick Blood as Lance Hunter
- Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse
- Henry Simmons as Alphonso Mackenzie
- Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell
Guest Starring Edit
- Jean Pablo Raba as Joey Gutierrez
- Constance Zimmer as Rosalind Price
- Powers Boothe as Gideon Malick
- Matthew Willig as Lash
- Blair Underwood as Andrew Garner