Early History Edit
Before going through terrigenesis, Charles was a teacher and had a daughter named Robin.
Moments after Charles went through terrigenesis, Charles' wife touched him and they both had a vision of Charles' mother-in-law lying dead in a hospital bed. Anyone who touched Charles received a similar vision and Charles only became more scared of himself when he noticed the visions he was having were coming true. Afraid for his daughter's safety, Charles left his family without saying goodbye and became homeless.
The episode opens with Charles in an alley making a wooden Robin as a gift for his daughter. The owner of the nearby grocery store, Edwin Abbot, however, comes outside and tells Charles to leave. When Abbot touches Charles he then receives a vision of his own death. Abbot then calls 911 saying Hydra was coming to kill him and he needs Daisy Johnson.
Daisy and a S.H.I.E.L.D. team soon arrive-curious as to how Abbot knew Daisy-when suddenly a Hydra helicopter descends and shoots Abbot and several police officers, just as it happened in Abbot's vision. The helicopter abducts Charles, but before he's taken away Daisy touches him and receives a vision. In her vision, Coulson shoots her, Lincoln has blood on his face, and Fitz and Simmons are standing outside while snow falls.
While being held by Hydra, Malick takes Charles with him to a meeting with the board of directors for the Transia Corporation and has Charles show one of the directors what Hive will to do to them. Scared for his life, the director immediately does what Malick asks; Hive then uses his power to kill the board.
S.H.I.E.L.D. later attacks the building and a fight on the roof ensues between Malick and Daisy. Malick is about to kill Daisy when Charles distracts him by giving him a vision of the future. Malick then delivers a mortal wound to Charles and Daisy sends him flying with a shockwave.
Before Charles dies, Daisy promises to protect Charles' daughter for him and then Charles gives Daisy a vision of a spaceship exploding.
In the 'Six months later' codicil to Season 3, Daisy personally hands the robin Charles carved to his daughter. Daisy herself is on the run from S.H.I.E.L.D. at this point, but has apparently kept her word by looking out for Robin and Charles' wife, Polly. Polly thanks Daisy for the money she gave them and helping them relocate as she was a pariah back where she used to live.
Daisy says she'd like to introduce them to a friend of hers who likes animals too; possibly referring to her father, Cal, who is a veterinarian.
- Clairvoyance: When Charles touches somebody, he and that person have a vision of someone dying in the future.
The first vision Charles gave Daisy:
- Coulson was shooting Daisy's reflection in a one-way mirror.
- Lincoln suffered a head injury in a fight with Giyera.
- That wasn't snow falling on Fitz and Simmons, that was ash from a nearby fire.
- Charles thought the vision was of Daisy's death, but really it was a vision of his own death.
The vision Charles gave Malick:
- Malick saw himself dying and said it felt like he was being torn apart from the inside-out. He believed Hive was the one who kills him in the future, but really it was Daisy who had been brainwashed by Hive and killed him with her vibration powers.
The second vision Charles gave Daisy:
- That "spaceship" Daisy saw in her vision was actually a S.H.I.E.L.D. quinjet and that agent she saw die in her vision was Lincoln who sacrificed himself to destroy Hive.